Sunday, February 20, 2011

If You Only Knew

If you only knew
what I was really like
you wouldn't like me
you would certainly spite me
maybe even want to fight me
that's why I keep it locked up tightly
until I get my head on rightly
I pray nightly
but relief is temporary
life is scary
when you can't stop being wary
thoughts racing a mile a minute
violent urges threatening to overtake me any minute
I could use help but I'm too proud to ask
life is hard when you live it behind a mask
shame and guilt
where did I go wrong
but I won't stop searching until I find where I belong...

3 comments:

  1. Interesting poem with beautiful rhymes. I only wished it was a bit longer, maybe then I would've gotten to know more what you're trying to say.

    Keep updating this place and I shall keep following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am just saying that I am basically crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete