Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Introduction

Might as well get down to it. I created this blog for two reasons; 1) I just wanted a place to vent my thoughts and feelings in the hopes there are others out there that can relate. 2) To document and enable my quest to find God.

A little about me.....I am a man in my early thirties from upstate New York. I was born and raised Catholic although have been quite irreligious for the better part of the last decade. I've always been a bit crazy and throughout my teens and early twenties I struggled with drugs, alcohol, promiscuity etc. I suppose you could say that I've always had a sort of emptiness inside and a complete lack of direction and purpose in life. Sometimes I see religious people or religious movies and this life appeals to me but I am very stubborn and stuck in my ways. Frankly, American Christianity has turned me off because it seems so shallow and superficial. I am attracted to religious ways of the Middle East in this regard.

I am recently coming off of a divorce and a subsequent broken engagement all in the last year. In fact, my ex-fiance is partially responsible for setting in motion this journey of mine. You see, this sweet girl who I fell in love with is a Muslim. I was prepared to convert to Islam in order to marry her but when she recently broke it off I was forced to reconsider everything. Nevertheless, I am still studying Islam, thinking perhaps God brought her into my life for a reason. I am very confused though. I'm still not sure if this religion is for me and I am willing to hear about others as well. So, that's where I am at and where I'm coming from. Welcome to my blog.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that one day you'd convert into Islam. It is because of you people who care enough to search into this beautiful religion that I'm proud of who I was born to be and wouldn't choose otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might find my friend's blog interesting; http://divine-peacefulness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am taking it slow. I am fortunate to have met a deeply spiritual Muslim brother who has shared his knowledge and given me some very good advice. He said a lot of people jump into Islam too fast and end up hating it because they were not ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course one can't change 180 if he's not ready :) Take your time and make all the effort you could to get to know what Islam's all about.

    ReplyDelete